1. By sending the online application form, you are obliged to pay the camp fee, if the application will lead to placement to International Youth Camp (from now on “IYC”).
2.We will only process forms that are filled in correctly.
3.The secretariat of IYC is in charge of the placement for the camp.
4. Placement for the camp will be done with a draw system on March 17 (from now on “moment of placement”). After March 17, placement for the camp will be based on first come first serve.
5. If you applied before the moment of placement and you did not get a spot, you will get an extra ticket for the drawing for the camp next year, if you have applied before the moment of placement. If you again did not get a spot, you will receive an extra ticket for the drawing for the next camp, etc.
6. The organization reserves the right to make individual exceptions for the placement of the camp based on gender ratio and/or social indication.
7. To be eligible for placement based on social indication, the parent/guardian needs to approach the priest of IYC or the IYC secretariat.
8. The priest of IYC will evaluate the request for placement based on social indication.
9. There will be no correspondence regarding the placement for the camp, with the exception of an appeal based on incorrect processing of the indicated choice
10. In order to create a balanced mix of participants from multiple countries, we have a maximum number of participants with the same nationality we can accept. This maximum number is decided upon the moment of placement based on the number of applications of participants with the same nationality.
11. After placement, the application is official and the participant will be obligated to pay the camp fee.
12. The decision concerning the placement for the camp will be written communication to the participants. Individual failure to receive this message is not a ground for indemnification or compensation.
13. If the participant wants to cancel their application, it is necessary to write the Secretariat of IYC.
14. Annulment of the application is possible until May 7 2022 with a charge of € 25,- administration fee. After this date, the participant has to pay the whole camp fee, or the participant needs to find someone who will take their place.
15. In the event that the participants will receive a refund, there is no interest for the organization.
16. In the event that the participant is late with the fulfillment of the payment obligation, the participant will receive a reminder no more than twice. After that, the right to participate in the camp expires, unless the participant has contacted the Secretariat stating the reason for the non-fulfillment of the payment obligation.
17. The organization reserves the right to refuse participation on the basis of previous non-payment.
18. People on the waiting list can withdraw from the waiting list without extra costs at any time.
19. The burden of proof of the payment lies with the participant at all times.
20. If you have difficulties with paying the camp fee you can contact our secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Travel fees are not included in the camp fee.
22. Payment can be done by bank transfer to our account or cash on the arrival day
23. Paying in three monthly periods is only possible from EU-countries and for applications sent in before April 30
24. As a participant, you need to arrange travel- and health insurance for the period of the camp.
25. As a participant, you need to have valid identification.
26. The organization reserves the right to exclude the participant from participation of the camp if no valid travel documents can be submitted.
Responsibility and Liability
27. In the case of the use or possession of alcohol or drugs by a participant during the camp, this will lead to immediate exclusion from the camp and future participation in the camp.
28. The organization is not liable for damage or loss of personal belongings during the camp.
29. The participant is liable for any damage suffered by the organization and/or their fellow camp members caused by the participant.
30. The organization stores the personal data of participants for administrative purposes and will not share this data available with third parties.
31. The organization reserves the right to exclude participants from the camp without refund of the camp fee at any time if personal data about diets and/or physical and/or mental problems are missing and/or incorrect.
Discrimination and Harassment
32. The organization applies strict standards of proper and improper behavior.
33. Discrimination on any ground or sexual harassment is not tolerated and will lead to immediate exclusion from the camp and future participation in IYC.
34. The organization will make an effort to prevent unsafe and unwanted situations.
35. The simple setting of the camp calls for some improvisation and teamwork of everyone.
36. English will be the language during the camp for everyone.
37. We will sleep in small tents, which you are supposed to bring with you.
38. Everyone joins the whole programme of the camp.
39. If you apply, it is for the whole duration of the camp: late arrival or early departure is not possible. However, you are welcome to stay a day longer, for example because of your travel date.
40. Men and women sleep separately.