The following is an example of the programme. Because we are a dynamic organisation it may alter a bit each year. The ‘programme parts’ you see here are fixed parts, therefore they will be part of the camp in the upcoming years.
Day 1: Arrival
- Get to know each other, explore the campsite and find a nice spot to pitch your ten
Day 2: Building Day
- The main facilities at the site will already have been built by the staff. However on this day we will all work together to perfect our campsite and make it our home for the next 2 weeks.
Day 2 – 5: Hike
- A four day hike through the surrounding mountains, carrying all we need in our rucksacks except for the tents.
Day 6 – 12: Camp Day
- The first day of our workshops, open stage, etc. A camp day will follow, more or less, the programme you will find below.
Day 13: Concert day
- The morning will be a normal camp day, but in the afternoon we will hold a grand concert in the nearby village.
Day 14: Social evening day
- Our last day together. This special day will end with a great feast, all kinds of acts, songs and the presentation of the work from the workshops.
Day 15: Departure day
- Saying our fond farewells to our new friends and heading back to all the corners of the world where we came from. Or shouldering our rucksacks and hitch hiking through Europe.
08.00 » Waking up: Wake up to the beautiful singing of the staff.
09.00 » Breakfast:
10.00 » Singing: The IYC Choir. Learn new songs and sing together while leading up to the grand concert.
11.00 » Workshops: You choose the workshop you would like to attend for the 7 sessions during the camp.
13.00 » Lunch: Hot lunch which is prepared by the kitchen and the kitchen workshop.
14.00 » Siësta: Free time to do whatever you want. Relax, enjoy the scenery, play volleyball etc.
16.00 » Open stage: Half an hour of comedy acts, little plays, and music, prepared by everyone who wants to.
16.30 » Afternoon Programme: This can contain sports and games, little workshops, or something that is prepared by one of the participants.
18.00 » Supper: Simple meal usually bread or soup
19.30 » Singing: Singing as dusk falls
20.30 » Evening programme: This could be a theme evening or an epic evening game.
22.00 » Close of Day: We will look back at the day and prepare for the night.
22.15 » Campfire: Drinking hot chocolate under the stars and gazing into the flames. Then off to snuggle up into bed.